Discovering Inner Peace

The introduction to this blog wouldn’t be very different from the previous ones that mentioned how Yours Truly has recently piqued interest in Indian philosophy, majorly the Upanishads and Vedanta. 

Not too sure if I sound weird here, but if I’d have to say that if there’s any place where I could find my inner calmness, that’d be listening and reading about all that I’ve been to since the past year. Vedanta. More specifically Advaita Vedanta. And I say from experience. 


On a weekday or a weekend for that matter, when you do have lots on your plate already, you do look up to some form of relaxation or recreation. Something similar happened to me as well. Except that I couldn’t find solace in web series, food or any form of entertainment. Movies seem to be too fictional after a point, and these days it’s become such a habit that I gotta tune into some Vedanta lessons to gain my inner peace back. 


Now, does this sound too fictional or fancy for a common man? Perhaps, but from my perspective, I could say that this is what had brought in some solace to me. Now, people might have different perceptions about this. For example, when I talked to my mother this morning asking her whether any of her professors had read about Vedanta. 



Mom retorted stating that those days people were bust struggling, they couldn’t have the luxury of sitting back and delving deeper into philosophy. I protested stating that it was this philosophical knowledge that kept me from depression or other ailments. 


And, It really did. I am at that time when I can’t shy away from stating that any form of failure does not disappoint me anymore, as the experts in this field state that one wouldn’t be deterred if any of their dreams perished, and this is exactly like that. In this whole process, perhaps you do get so very strong that nothing deters you, as every other pinch happens at the level of the body and mind, and cannot affect you directly.


Now, I am certain that we haven’t reached that stage yet, at least I can talk for myself. But maybe someday with the passage of time and the wisdom of the soul, I will. As of now, I can resort to my inner peace. 


Image courtesy: Pixabay


Comments

Popular Posts