Discovering Happiness In Repetition

As a person, most of the time in my life I have tried to avoid being repetitive. As weird as it may sound, but the fact of the matter is I have always tried to avoid almost anything and everything that has a tendency to be repetitive. Even though you can’t help sometimes with your forms of work, workout or your diet - but I’d try and get to be creative even there as well. 

For example, with my diet, I’d strive to experiment with a variety of vegetables and replace it with different varieties of meat the other day. Regarding my workout regime, one day I’d try my hand at HIIT indoors, one-day jogging and some days just stretching. And, I’d look for something different with regards to my work as well. 


Things were all good till the time the pandemic hit and all of us have been working from home permanently. It’s this time when we can say that the world and the things that we do every day have been more repetitive than ever. Now, you can very well imagine my state of mind and the conditions under which I have been operating and by now you must have already guessed how difficult life has become for me. 



More often than not, I would be choking myself to similar levels of desperation when I’d catch myself being repetitive. Things came to a standstill and I was practically on the verge of bursting out with boredom when I realised that this has to end somewhere. So, instead of grumbling about the process, I started accepting it and finding ways to embrace it. Although, here I’d admit that I did everything with a tinge of creativity, but the overall process seemed to be the same. 


When I began immersing myself in the process, I started noticing that actually, things were not as bad as I imagined them to be. In fact, it was fun to be a part of a routine that was designed by me for my own benefit and improvement. It was almost like I had rediscovered myself somewhere in the process. Gradually, there was a time when I didn’t find things to be redundant anymore. 


I realised that I began enjoying myself, perhaps because I had rediscovered myself while being repetitive. 


Image by Stan B on Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts