That Distractful Maiden


Yesterday was undoubtedly a boon to the vampires, rather a double treat for them. First the full moon and then the cold moon.  The world seemed to be preoccupied, and a little more excited to welcome this new avatar.  Some seemed to leave office early, some planned to take a shower and pray before the moon in white attires and so forth.

Always a romantic soul, I thought of leaving office exactly at 6.30 in order to catch a glimpse of the moon. I realised this special love of rain God towards me ever since I witnessed the first rains of Bombay…Those uncanny situations used to be like this…The sky would turn gloomy and start pouring exactly at 8 past 10 am in the morning,(my time to leave for office) and then again by 6.20 pm and that would continue till the time I reached home.

I was favoured by the rain God yet again yesterday, rather the moment when I boarded the rickshaw. The gentleman sitting next to me jostled hard to provide for some sitting space, however all his efforts were in vain…Reminding myself of some more extensive work out sessions, I headed home.

Opening the shutters of the window, the bright innocent face shined right in front. I couldn’t help but take refuge in Keats and repeat his lines, “Some shape of beauty moves away the pall. From our dark spirits. Such the sun, the moon…”. The feel was somehow amalgamated with ecstasy and also the touch of magic. The other day, while sitting at the beach, my jovial mood was a little disheartened, to see the shallowness of the sea. After a while I could suddenly hear the waves striking hard against the rocks. And then I suddenly turned to look at the sky and saw the ‘maiden’ shining brightly…

Such is the value of relationships. No seriously, the moon is far off in the sky, and the sea lying much beneath. What connection could it be, that causes giant crest and troughs in the sea? What superficial power does that silvery being have that all are a captive to her?

The vamps suddenly enjoyed a great share of happiness, yet could any of us deny that very sight that helped us make memories far far more candid than the actual pricing of Sensex today? I doubt so…


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts