This is Why I Prefer Maggi Without Cumin Seeds!


Maggi has been the staple diet for many, I guess from time immemorial. From our teenage days, when mum went to granny's, or during a potluck among friends, Maggi was always the saviour.

Years later, I recall how disheartening it was to hear Maggi being banned owing to lead content in it. This news broke out in the beginning of my career and I had to do major follow ups (reluctantly). Since this was one of my first few assignments, I couldn't help but be reticent of my feelings for Maggi…

As days rolled by, my love for Maggi became stronger and concrete. Somehow that reached the ears of the Government and Maggi was declared safe at last. I was overwhelmed, and certainly this moment would count as one of the euphoric moments in my lifetime!

Indeed that was. Well Maggi evokes different tastes. There is this one with vegetables, and the one without any, (just add the tastemaker and water). The non vegetable one often ended up being cooked. I guess because this required little effort. Also, our taste buds got accustomed maybe. Having said that, I would never mind hogging a nicely prepared oily, cheesy Maggi that came with bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. But…

One with cumin seeds? And that too in a greater amount? Duh!! Nope. Not happening. A few months back, on a trip to the suburbs I remember biting my tongue hard after being served my favourite Maggi. Although the person was hospitable enough, yet my tastebuds refused to oblige.


                             This is how I like it!

I discovered later that it was because there were too many cumin seeds involved. Everything I bit into seemed like cumin. Even the tangy tomatoes which I planned to gulp with relishness. Approximately, I consumed almost 200 odd pieces!

The result?

Not only did I develop a disliking for cumin seeds, but also for my favourite Maggi. I avoided Maggi for a whole month, when my dear friend came to my rescue. I was at his place for a chilling session, when he offered Maggi. I almost jumped out of bed, when he assured that his Maggi contained no cumin, and that he even added broccoli and mushrooms.

I obliged finally and discovered that Maggi wasn't really the culprit. Cumin was. And here's this new hashtag I am greatly a fan of...

#NoCuminMaggi

Comments

Popular Posts