Our Intermittent Chemistry!


Writing about you never seemed so challenging, as it feels now. You have always presented yourself as an easy-going juvenile (Oh, I know you would want to kill me for this), but while writing this piece, I realise that you are far more intense than any of us could perceive. Let me start with the tag that all of us once labelled on you, ‘Resize Rishabh’! Sometimes, there were tons of images to be resized and in different dimensions; you ensured they reached my inbox much before the publishing time.

I still recall that day when it poured cats and dogs in Mumbai, and none of us could step out, owing to the turbulent weather. Nevertheless, we couldn’t halt our publication, articles had to go up. While me and my Editor were literally jostling to find a relevant story, you had proved the saying that ‘technology is a blessing.’ The resized image reached me much before we could take a call on the articles to be published.

                                                        ……………..

Youtube tells me that Luis Fonsi’s ‘Despacito’ got some 5.2 billion views. I can very well vouch that at least 10,000 were contributed by us at ‘646’. Haha! You had made an immense contribution in captivating the girls to the tunes of Fonsi. Do you remember that moment when all of us literally shouted at Hoppipola, when the DJ played ‘Despacito?’ Oh! What joy that was! My memory tells me that he even played, ‘Haye ni haye, nakhra tera ni…’ Well, well, you literally hogged the limelight then, and though I say with it pain, it’s true that you scored a sixer!

Summing up about you is indeed difficult. Yeah, not exaggerating a bit this time. Though, I have really been ‘infamous’ for writing long copies, this time, let’s keep it short, as I am really running out of time, and have to submit my article. But I really do think that you can do much better than old Punjabi classics, man!

Comments

Popular Posts