When it Rained Yesterday!



It’s 5.30 am by the watch. I sit here barefoot on the floor, taking some refuge in my laptop. It drizzled for the first time yesterday. I was too engrossed with my upcoming article while rain struck the shores of Mumbai. Nonchalant at first, I could kind of decipher the sudden drop in mercury when I felt something moist on my left arm. Gazing outside, I could see that the sky resembling a wallpaper I saw in my friend’s phone.

The entire world seemed to be in darkness, the sky roared loudly, and the rain God seemed to be in full swing. Countless water droplets, and the intense resonance it created each time. There was some kind of an undisclosed magic that followed the downpour. There is something very weird about the rains in Mumbai.



The City Of Dreams, one that never sleeps, seems to be at halt during the monsoons. One can see people wading through the muddy waters, jostling hard to reach their destination. Let me get back to the magical part. When it rains in Mumbai, I feel the entire city has been painted with a stroke of blue. The clouds appear more closer, and dearer than ever. The trees are greener, and they seem to tilt in an accurate tune with the gusty winds.

My mind seems to dismantle itself, and wants to draw more closer to nature. It wants to relax in its lap. Sometimes, I get this uncanny feeling of what it actually felt like being closer to nature? How would it actually feel if we I could get to regulate the weather button? What if there was a cloud right above my head? A cloud – painted in blue?

What would that feel be like? Would it be ecstatic, poetic? Or would help transfer some calmness to my overthinking mind?

Comments

Popular Posts