When Fantasies Are Colourful!


The perks of being a journalist are countable, but it’s certain that your taste buds get some ‘tickle’ in a week at least. Last Friday was one such day when I got this immense adrenaline rush towards some crispy and tangy caramelized onion rings. The platter came with a hefty price and though the taste was worth remembering, the quantity spoke otherwise!

Last to last weekend, while I was still immersed in the aftermaths of my siesta, suddenly I could overhear my neighbour calling, “Are Pinky, Kanda Bhaji thanda hot aahe. (Pinky, come soon. Your onion fries are getting cold). Am not too much a believer in DIY tasks, however the overheard conversation seemed to ignite an intense spark. I jumped off my bed and headed out to spot a packet of ‘Besan’ in the kitchen and possibly treat myself to a crispy snack, floating in the tangy Schezwan sauce. Taking a generous permit from my lazy bones, I began with my expedition.

The onions were cut in asymmetrical shapes (so I do presume), the Besan was diluted, chilli and Malwani powder (have developed a strange liking for this Maharashtrian spice off late) were mixed in adequate and desired amounts. Just the time I was about to take off with the mustard oil and chopped onions, my phone sang, “Hello! Is it me you’re looking for?” (that’s my ringtone). The call was from a person who was sure to keep me away from my expedition at least for half an hour.



After finishing the call, Cleopatra (my kitten) had already completed half my task. I could find my mixed Besan lying on the floor. Oh what a poor sight that was! The bowl on one side, mixture on the other, and Cleopatra landing on it. Oh my! How could I deprive myself of my latest fantasy! Nevertheless! All desires necessarily don't have to be true. This time let's rely on the fantasies…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts