Amid Fire and Ice!


‘Fusion’ – this word always seemed endearing to me, so much so that I started developing a strange fantasy towards the Indian version of ‘Shape of You’ (not sure how many of you got to hear it, yet!). Music, for that matter is open to experiments, even dance forms count in. Off late, the creativity bone gets a little pro-active on weekends, as I try to mix ‘farsan’ (that’s what the Mumbaikars call snacks) with that too-watery Bhaji (Maharashtrian word for Vegetables), or sometimes seek refuge in Mayonnaise to help get rid of the left over Chapati. Try it sometime! 

As my uncanny thoughts transcend here at a cafe, I wanted to decipher if Greece and a tinge of India could amalgamate. Submitting to my instincts, I decided to order a Goan ros omelette and a baked cherry cheesecake for dessert. So, I chose extremes for myself – sweet and spicy!

The Goan ros omelette was flawless, and I was deeply smitten by the aroma. My taste-buds too resonated with the curry. Usually, it so happens when I happen to like a dish, I dislike exposing my taste-buds to anything more, leave apart water. And my prior choices put me into a soup.  



Okay, but I really did make a wager now (with myself), and how on earth am I supposed to turn that down? Battling the current dilemma, I called for the mouth-watering baked cherry cheesecake! One, two, three…go. There goes a bite inside, tickling my eager taste-buds. Ah! There goes a second one.

Till now, my ‘exposure’ was happy to stroll around the interiors of Goa, till the time Greece broke in. I felt something like this...Spicy, yet tasty, strong enough to let out smoke from the ears. The taste was evoking enough to keep the fire burning for days…But the aftermath was a gentle creamy caress that did challenge the fire.

Now, who do you go with – The Fire or Ice?


Comments

Popular Posts