By The Lanes Of Goa, With Frost!


Walking through the greeny, less dingy lanes of Goa, I find myself stuck between two roads. The one to the right leads me to the common din of the city, where people dressed in formals are jostling through the others; perhaps to carve out a niche for themselves. On the other side, there is a pavement that leads me to ‘Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church’. This route has put up giant gravels as its attire…This is the path, less travelled.

Frost (Robert Frost) has occupied a major part of my grey matter, as I am yet to choose between two crossroads lying ahead. I am trying to stand as erect as my feet allows me to, unable to choose. Meanwhile Frost murmurs,
“And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;”



After a long time, did I feel the practical me taking a back seat, and the emotional me rejuvenating to the tunes of some unsung music. And I wanted to go with the wind! At the end of the emotional route lies ‘Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church, or simply the ‘Panjim Church’, as the locals named it. This church possesses a giant bell in its kitty, one that’s the second largest in Goa. The steps were full of pebbles (apt for an impeccable Insta story though). The route to the church was tedious indeed, with the sun shining valiantly overhead.

On reaching the top, a feeling of ecstasy fenced me, not because I opted for the solitary path, maybe because the road was less travelled. I could feel that a sudden glory got added to my life, out of the blue, as if there was a beckon from ‘Steven Spielberg’ to sign me up as a script-writer for his next film! 

And yet, again Frost revisited:
“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,  together that could have been taken forward by the e
And that has made all the difference.”

Think, he triumphed this time!

Comments

Popular Posts