What if Colours Could Speak?


Amid news, promising articles, frequent pop-ups and rebukes from seniors; the mind gets a reason to zone out, and isn’t regretful about it. Not to my knowledge at least! This time it was awestruck by a white canvas and wanted to rest with the spectacle for a while. 

Somewhere between my imagery clouds, I spotted a gigantic, spotless canvas in front of me, with some broken colour tubes. Most of them were dilapidated, others carried a mark of belonging to someone else. Out of the lot, violet popped up as the ‘brightest’ one, and it wasn’t a bad choice to begin with.

Thus, I leaped into my doodling (with great expectations). Violet did the honours first, with a gentle stroke, followed by the lively crimson, and then royal blue, which occupied the maximum space. There were idle colours left in the palette that were yet to be used. Green and yellow seemed to catch the maximum limelight. Using both of them, there was a yellowish green tinge added to the art. Most of it seemed complete, but somewhere a touch of black was needed. And it was picked up at length!


American journalist Lisa Ling said, “There is so much grey to every story – nothing is black and white.” Indeed, it is! I could well decipher from the way black added to the spark.
The canvas holds a plethora of colours now, and is quite boastful of its new avatar. To colour my canvas, I particularly chose the shades mentioned above. The imagery I created was pleasing before the eyes. A sight with shades of my preference!

What if life gave us another chance to re-paint the injured areas, that torment each day? If yes, then what colour should I replace it with?

Comments

  1. Good piece. You don’t choose colours, the colours choose you. Every colour plays a role in making vision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts