Why Starbucks is More Than Just Coffee!

‘Starbucks’ always featured in my list of favorites, I think this fancy emulated more, after the ‘writer bug’ engulfed me. I end up choosing this joint for multiple purposes, a major part of which is occupied by my professional assignments. And my choice hasn’t been detrimental so far, except for one time when an extremely sweetening Hazel-nut shake tried to malign Starbucks’s image. However we were sorted later…

I can make a mention of certain occasions when I felt a strong connect towards this place. Take this anecdote for instance. It was during my early days in Mumbai, when each day seemed to be a struggle. I was deeply smitten by the magnificent architecture of the old buildings of South Bombay, (I prefer ‘Bombay’ over Mumbai for some unidentified reason); and my weekends mostly would encircle around the same. This would mostly include a brisk walk in and Colaba, Jehangir Art Gallery, Crawford market, and the Gateway…

One such day while the sun was too harsh, my feet refused to walk any more paces. The day was a little low, my roommate informed that the maid didn’t turn up, and it was my turn to do the dishes. All I could hear then was a blatant ‘no’ from inside! Speeding up my paces, I spotted a signboard in white, where a green mermaid stood with dignity…

Choosing a cozy couch, I began to pamper myself with the ice-cold banana strawberry smoothie and the various thoughts it created, with every sip. The time spent was fruitful, as I stepped out with a light heart. ‘Oh! The dishes! Yes, of course I had to scrub them, yet this time I did so, sans complaining. Think, the strawberry banana smoothie cast a spell!


Was wiping my hands, and probably getting prepared to do the dishes!

Story 2:

I was very keen on covering this biggie from the startup ecosystem (as I cover the business beat primarily). His PRs never returned my calls, nor did they oblige any emails from my end. Nevertheless, I was desperate. The story had to be published, this was kind of a professional oath I had taken.

7.30 pm. Location: Starbucks – BKC

Was here to cover a startup event and wished to wash off the fatigue with an Americano. I browse through my Gmail, not mail yet from my Mr. Successful. Averse to the idea of giving up, I tried my luck on Linkedin. On finding him, I dropped a DM, and waited if the stars turned lucky!

Mulling over the Americano and in a desperate attempt to counter my train of thoughts, I could hear my phone beep. Reluctant to attend it, I decided otherwise. Voila! It was a text from the same Mr. Successful, stating that he wanted to do the interview the following day! 

Starbucks literally made my day!

I could narrate countless such anecdotes, as to why and how Starbucks has been favorable and lucky to me, however a lot of my readers and well-wishers have told me not to digress from the main topic, so I save you the stress of eyeing through.

Till then! Cheers to life and long live Starbucks!

Comments

  1. i really hope they r paying u well or providing u an endless stream of free latte's. coz u really went out ur way to give this kinda review. felt like u had a steamy affair nd boasting bout it in public. Nd ya its jst coffee. Not a aladin ka chirag ka jin. Sorry for d blunt reply...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts