‘Six o’ clock? And yet no update of ‘DeepVeer’???


Let’s talk about the most happening thing in the universe today – #DeepVeerKiShaadi. No, don’t fall off the chair please, and be rest assured that I have not been bitten by the #Bollywood bug (yet). Usually, Google pops up with notifications on my phone relating to news from business and startups, following my browsing history. Surprisingly, the first pop-up I got today was that of the groom to be – Ranveer Singh. After 45 minutes, a different angle of his face encircling around his would be conjugal life…

Still wondering about the notifications of Google, I thought of calming myself a bit. Maybe thinking about my future would help me fetch some seriousness. Amid aspirations, seriousness and planning for the future, I heard a colleague of mine complaining: “Are yaar abhi tak DeepVeer ka update nahi aaya.” ( Oh lord! It’s been so long, yet there is no update on Ranveer and Deepika). I was startled for a while! Thinking I overheard her perhaps. To confirm my suspicion, I crosschecked. “Hey! Did you just say that your life is messed up because you missed an update on DeepVeer?” She snapped, “Of course ya. I am aware of the priorities of my life, yet this would always be the epicentre. Come on ya!” Sure, why not!

Courtesy: TOI

And the matter didn’t end there. As I was  pacing up the stairs while taking a short break from work, and all over the floor people talked about nothing but them. A few conversations said, “Omg! I can’t believe how pretty Deepika is going to look in that Sabyasachi saree. Just can’t wait to see.” Also, “I heard PinkVilla is going to update pictures of the duo soon.”

Wow, another feather in the hat…After resuming work, another colleague of mine asked me to play ‘Lal Ishq’ from Ramleela. It goes without saying that this is his favourite song and I have labelled it as the ‘National Anthem’ for him. Before I could protest, he pleaded softly, “Gairika, aaj to baja le yar, aj to #DeepVeerKiShaadi hai!” (Gairika, don’t hesitate playing the song today. It is their marriage after all! And why not?

I type my last para with Lal Ishq playing in the background, and if I am not mistaken, this is for the 87th time I am listening to this song in this month, amid continuous updates on DeepVeer.
The latest one being, “What the hell man, it’s six o’ clock, yet no update of DeepVeer!


Comments

Popular Posts