Me and Excel: The Journey Continues!


A recent observation into my real self has given this revelation that I spend a major time of my life cribbing. And that it is just inches away from developing into a hobby. My cribbing is mostly about life and my un-sketched dreams; and making Excel sheets.

While I have known a lot of people who claimed to gone creative each time, they created a sheet on Excel. Sadly, nothing of that sort happened to me ever. The aftermaths are usually scary, where either I have to dial up the pantry and ask for a strong black tea, or go for a stroll to clear my mind.


The very sight of a sheet often reminds of the tough arithmetic problems we were asked to solve in school. Those days whenever I looked at one problem, by default my white matter used to draw countess rows and columns; because I could never crack the problems.

And now Excel has kind of paved the way for me to fade away into oblivion. Adding different colors to segregate one category from the other, adds to it. Don't believe me? Check out this anecdote. 

One day my phone beeped, and for some undiscovered reason, I thought of peeking slightly, resting on my laptop. The message was irrelevant at the moment, and I resumed back to Excel. On turning back, I was stupefied, petrified and also frozen. And I wholeheartedly blame my excitement and uncontrollable adrenaline rush for it. It was a bolt from the blue. Apparently, my data in my first row had shifted to the next one, and columns were all haphazard. What I found the funniest is that people that the ‘comments’ I inserted in each cell changed its directions, and one was on top of the other. Now health became business, and business sports!

‘Phew!’ At this time, I was willing to give away my full salary, if I could spot someone to correct my half way lost Excel sheet. I could almost visualise my sheet pass a witty smile, as if teaching a life lesson on how I shouldn’t have ignored its existence in the first place. The poor me could only say timidly, ‘Et Tu Brute?’…

Now, every morning when I begin my day, I solemnly promise to make myself better at making Excels and PowerPoints. Though folks pro in Excel and PPTs have revealed that my progress so far hasn’t been so impressive. But, if I am continuously at it, I know one day I can definitely make it through.


Comments

Popular Posts