5 Reasons Why Travelling Without Your Phone is Crazy Fun!


Hello Folks! Please don’t get me wrong, I too am obsessed with ‘Boomerang’ and ‘Rewind’ on Instagram, and really turn pinkish with every like on my posts. I wouldn’t call myself a ‘Narcissist’ per say, but yeah I am definitely inflicted with the ‘self obsession’ bug. And, why not?



But with my recent trip to the suburbs, an uncanny ‘realisation’ struck me and has been triggering off late. If I am allowed to personify ‘realisation’, it would possibly say - “Hey Gairika! Just have a look around you. There is so much beyond the false membrane of the social media life that you lead.” Yeah maybe, but why should I be bothered with it at all?

Ah! That reminds me that as usual I am digressing from our topic. So, the headline says why should we travel without our phone. Well, I got five reasons to convince you for the same. Let’s begin:


  • You feel much relaxed and composed
If you don’t believe my words, please do a QC (quality check) for yourself. Forget a whole day, an an hour without that electronic gadget is pure bliss. And imagine, how enjoyable and refreshing your trip would be if you are both relaxed and composed. Oh yes! I do understand that your Insta stories might go for a toss, or your friends might feel disappointed, for not having provided them with the correct image. But, believe me they would definitely want to hear versions of you communicating the scenery, rather than eyeing through filtered Insta stories.


  • You are free from constant nagging
Okay, let’s face it! How many times in a day do you get pinged? Maybe some asking you to make some after office plans. Or worse, your Bai (maid) asking you instructions on how to make that perfect urad dal. Even an office colleague asking you about an Excel file! Hold that thought and take pride in yourself, because now there is no way the world can communicate with you, however hard they may try. The universe has finally heard your prayers!


  • You actually realize that your palms feel light and beautiful
Imagine the poor soul holding your gigantic phone all day long. Though your recently purchased clutch might have served the purpose more than once, but how do you deal with the constant habit of peeping into your beloved device every half an hour? No, it is time to indulge in some self praise. On that note, did you know your hands were that pretty?



Pretty, ain't they?

  • You engage in some real time conversations for a change!
Ah! Yes. Blame on our lifestyles, busy schedules or suddenly becoming an introvert. The bitter truth is that we don’t actually communicate in person, these days. Christmas and New Year greetings are usually over a text, or a call at the most. And even when there is a party or get together, most of the times we are looking into our phones! Well, now that you are without it, maybe you can pick up the language of the locals, or perhaps quickly grasp an easy recipe?


  • You start realising that your ambience is so mesmerising
This point rules out in case of nature lovers. For other folks like me, it is a great realisation. Something that is more than - ‘Trees are green, or the sky is blue’, instead ‘there are various shades of green on a particular branch. Much like a MF Hussain painting. Or the road ahead reminds of Frost’s line, “Miles to go before I sleep.”

......


I have always found summing up to be the most difficult part. Nevertheless, shall try once again. So, the next time you are on your toes, try a day without your phone at least. Maybe, you can give me more points the next piece?

Till then, cheers to travelling! (I mean without phones :))

Comments

Popular Posts