I spent a weekend without phone. Here’s how I felt!



Sounds intimidating, right? I mean which millennial on earth talks about switching off their phones, and that too on a weekend?

Now, there is this paradox. Me being an outgoing, modern millennial is talking about spending a weekend sans phone…

If you ask me for a reason, honestly I won’t be able to cite one; for my sudden idea of unplugging. I guess it all began with a thought.
A simple thought. A thought that encouraged surviving two days without Whats App, Instagram and Netflix.

And, my gut supported it, giving me an ample self confidence.
Then it was. Friday night.

8 o’ clock. Mobile switched off.

Decided to sort my closet first, which was crying out to me for help. I finished sorting it in 45 minutes, but honestly speaking, there was not too much of a difference. Man! I am a poor organiser for sure.


Saturday

Day offs are fun when there is no cooking, or cleaning up. For me, it is because mom is back. Now, I have the privilege of sitting back and daydreaming. (Yeah, that is what I am the best at)
But, even day dreaming comes with an expiry timing. I tried a hand at completing my long unfinished poems from my first year of work life. Tried all rhyming words, and even strived to make the ending sad. TBH, the end was screwed up. But that’s okay I guess.

Sunday

Sunday was kind of a saviour and definitely less boring. This was a day of spiritual awakening, as it was Swami Vivekananada’s birth anniversary, and we often pay a visit to Ramkrishna Math this day.
Getting up early in the morning, we set off, and really felt enlightened with discussions on Swamiji. The later half of the evening was spent in some real time conversations with mom. We talked a lot that day. About the sun, the moon, my dad, our cats and also how she feels I have grown up to be too much practical…

Frankly speaking, this was a real time discussion with mom after many days. And, I discovered that a lot of things still matter. Like:
  • The smell of old books still entice me
  • Journaling is more fun on paper, rather than Evernote
  • A trip down memory lane with old poems and write ups is still fun
  • Unplugging really helps rediscover yourself
  • I really need to work hard on arranging my closet
And yet I am here back to my writing desk. But uncannily, there are No Monday Blues!

Well…

Certain things are best left unsaid or unfathomed perhaps…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts