Leading Life: SAPIOSEXUALLY!

Well, the title makes it pretty clear, isn’t it? I suddenly feel this crave for sapiosexuality, not that it was dormant until this time. Most people claim that folks under this category are way beyond intellectual, they are allergic to adapting new fashion statements, and they loathe being on dating sites… I really strived hard to make people understand that I do not actually fall under any of these categories per se.

Starting with the intellectual point, there are countless conversations between mom, and me where she tells me how ill-informed I am. Her rebuking sessions don’t stop at current affairs only. Many a times she randomly picks up some quotes maybe by a Russian author, and would often ask me about the name of the author.

Though she tries very hard to suppress her expressions when I can't answer, yet all over her face, it is written, “Are you really my daughter?” She tests my analytical mind too a lot of times. Like recently, she asked me my opinion on ‘Sabarimala’, and I literally blacked out, not knowing what to say… So, technically speaking, Umm… Intellectual? Well, that’s quite not me!


YourTango

Fashion statements. Believe me folks! However, it might not reflect on my face, but I really get an adrenaline rush when 'H&M' and 'Zara' offer discounts. To add to more surprise, I long for flaunting myself in a bright red one piece on a busy Monday morning to office too.

Ah! Finally, there is this dating site thing. Tinder and now recently Bumble (though I am yet to have an account on it) have been interesting concepts to me from day one. Now, you have AI (Artificial Intelligence) deciding how compatible you and your probable date would be. Technology, I tell you. Honestly, I never loathed them.

So, now why do I call myself a sapiosexual? Not that I have labelled myself as one, folks around me have done so.
Some of the probable reasons I could decipher are as follows:
  • I refrain from participating in usual, mundane conversations: It’s the month of June. It’s bound to be hot and humid folks! Do you think talking about its sultriness would actually help you feel cool? Well,  you seriously need to rethink then.
  • Grammar Freak: Not a Grammar Nazi, but a grammar freak for certain. ‘Cucumber’, can’t be pronounced as ‘Kukum bar’ please, it’s Q-cum-ber. Also, while writing an email, asking the other person to ‘revert back’ is incorrect. Just ‘revert’ is fine.
  • Prefer Being with Someone who has Taste: Spotting a unique coffee joint, away from the common din of the town, or choosing Orhan Pamuk, over Dan Brown is definitely going to catch my attention.
  • Attraction and Intelligence are Directly Proportional: Physical appearance is of importance, but not of perennial importance. This is like one of hallmarks of sapiosexuality perhaps. The intelligence and emotional quotient matter the most.
  • Braggers! Please Stay Put!: Look! Honestly I get your obsession with push-ups and marathons, but believe me repeating it umpteen times won’t really work out in your favour. Please don’t expect a standing ovation or a giant pat for the same. 
Well, all of this were just mere interpretations, but I think to a certain extent its true. That was an interesting thought to begin the week with.

Did you ever feel the #sapio bug in you ever?
Well, let's meet up for coffee then!


-      

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts