Why Twitter is dearer to me than Instagram?

No matter how much you want to hibernate and prove to the world that you are actually doing something great, social media gets you ultimately. Things become such, that even before you are done with writing, you start composing the ideal post copy and hashtags.

The post copy is composed keeping different types of audience in mind across social media.
Instagram takes it easy. Facebook doesn’t care it seems.
Linkedin is way too serious, but has been kind to me so far.
And, then there is Twitter.
Twitter suggests some relevant hashtags, that really helps me connect to like minded people.


Well, I have nothing personal against Instagram,
but am still unable to decipher why do random people start following you?
Yeah, I get random followers on Twitter too, but they hardly unfollow.
I won’t call this amateurish, but definitely a narrow minded approach.
Think this can be done away with.


Also, Instagram allows you with the option to beautify your image in the name of ‘filters’.  
Now, you can brighten your image, lighten it, and even manage the colours of your image accordingly.

Now, technically speaking, for writers like me, there is no reason for real facts to be adulterated.
So, what is the point of ‘filtering my images?’
I don’t know if I am putting this the correct way, but this technical advance’ subtly inculcates feelings of insecurity.
I mean it is entirely my choice to put to put up an unedited pictures, why play with it then?


Gary Vaynerchuk


Coming to Twitter, I never encountered such experiences of filtering unlike Insta.
Also, whenever it crops up with the most relevant hashtags, not that they Insta doesn’t show,
but Twitter mentions the number of tweets with that relevant hashtag in the past one hour.


Well, I don’t know if it is with me or everyone, but on Twitter, you get to follow authentic people.
And thankfully, they don’t unfollow you, once you mutually follow each other.
Yes, am aware of the fact that Twitter has been accused for spreading hate speeches.
But, as per a report by an international publication, Twitter is on the verge of the developing a new beta app.
The company claims that this app is going to be relevant and valuable to customers.

For users like me, I honestly desire so. Till then the friction with Filters continues...

Comments

Popular Posts