Hey Aspiring Poets, Storytellers and Comedians! Check This Out!

Imagine a dreary day at office. A day where the only sound existing is the rattling one of the keyboard. Everyone is glued to their machines, they sometimes exchange glances, but only at rare intervals. The max they can do is laugh at a joke for 1.5 seconds...

This is the story everyday, rather everywhere.
For some it’s Monday to Friday, for the others, Saturday tags along too.
The saddest part of this humdrum affair, is that you can do nothing about it!
Well, there are some like me who pick up a novel to beat the mundane,
and then there are others like techie Mohit,
who believe in a little more - bringing out the best in people.


It was one such day when I was doodling and scribbling in my notepad,
and thought of checking out for some Open Mics on poetry or storytelling on BookMyShow.
Honestly speaking,I wasn’t too sure of this recent interest of mine.
Not till I visited the place in person.


My first encounter with Hooted1ce was at Adagio, Chapel Road, Bandra.
For a person like me, Adagio is enough to be fallen in love with.
John Lennon and his bright quotes appeared brighter
against the backdrop of the continuous strumming of guitars.
Some sang Hotel California, while some Despacito,
but one thing remained common - the passion for music.


The man himself when asked to pose


It wasn't too hard to gauge that Mohit too must be smitten by this charismatic ambiance,
and I think that has driven his motivation to the zenith.
Despite having a corporate job, he embraced his entrepreneurial side
with firm valour. He tells me, “I am always on my phone, coordinating with artists.
Sometimes it’s following up with them, and sometimes managing the social pages.
Can’t help it. It’s my baby.”


Hooted1ce was kickstarted in August 2018,
and within this short period it has gained the likes of the creative tribe.
People have started following Hooted1ce tremendously across Social Media.
Mohit is somewhat baffled by its numbers.
He shares, “I could have never imagined my platform to gain
this much amount of attraction from the audience,
without a single boosting across Social Media.
It’s overwhelming to see people supporting the cause!”


Hooted1ce operates as an autonomous platform where budding poets,
storytellers, musicians, comedians and even magicians (starting shortly)
are allowed to showcase their talent(s). Hooted1ce has been hosting theatrical
and puppet shows as well. It's going to introduce dance soon enough.


While talking business and numbers, a confident Mohit concludes,
“I am at that stage, where am not even thinking about money.
The longer vision is to make Hooted1ce a one stop solution to all artists.
And, with this response, I am sure that day isn’t too far!”


Sure, why not!
Well, as I said earlier, what does it take to beat the mundane?
A little extra push perhaps. Or maybe a platform that allows you to express,
love and most importantly - BE LOVED.


One such as Hooted1ce…


Sounds like too much philosophy? Not really.


In case, you got confused with my nerdiness,
check out a Hooted1ce hosted comedy show at The Matchbox Cowork Andheri West today!


I tell you it's too much fun!

As for me, I am still thinking of a valid excuse to make before Mohit, as I failed to witness
a funny rap he created recently.

In case, you come up with one, let's meet and discuss over coffee! :)


Comments

Popular Posts