Sorry! But am smitten by 'OCD'!


Last weekend when I was out for lunch with a friend, she snorted seeing me wipe the cutlery with a tissue. And later the plate too. Before she could comment on my OCD, I retorted that this was my nefarious self behaving thus. Thus, complying to the fact that am hugely smitten by OCD, aka Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

But believe me, people like us have a tough life to lead all through. Consider choosing the outfit. For people like us, it's more about cleanliness than fashion. After ensuring the dress is clean enough to be donned, the next thought strikes of ironing. Talking of irons, I am still trying to fathom why has my relationship with the electronic device remained stressful so far. Ever since the first time I possessed irons, either they went missing, or people have gently asked it from me. Now imagine, after stressing so much on my perfect wear to office, how pathetic it feels not to have an iron, that is practically yours!

ocduk.com

Talking of my pathetic self, the sorrow elevates to a higher level, when I use public toilets. Please don’t get me wrong, but the very sight of seat covers drive me nuts. Either, people consider flushing as unimportant, even if they do sometimes; they literally seem to be sound great (pun intended), by leaving red and white spots on the seat cover. Many a times, I wondered, if people leave these behind as a present for the other person.

And guess what! Every time I am the one to spot these left over presents, and half of the tissue rolls get exhausted in time and each time I try to fetch a new one, people look at me in amazement… As if I was…!

Then again, there is this post lunch walks. Though I thoroughly enjoy taking a stroll post walk and chatting with friends, but stepping out in the sun? Nay!

Whatever it is. Call me an over reactor, but I can’t really help being myself. Thus, to be brutally honest, yes I suffer from OCD. In fact, I am smitten by it.

Comments

Popular Posts