'Me Time' - Are we Getting Enough of it?


‘Me Time’ - the term seemed alien to me since a long time, but I was absolutely smitten by it the moment I got exposed or introduced to. Though my bosses reading this article would not be game, because most of the times they see me either giggling or arguing. I still recall an incident when our BD (Business Development) person asked for a quieter place where she could make her calls. My operations head immediately warned her that there is no peace possible literally, with Gairika around.

And, this was not the last time. I have been charged with similar charges quite recently too and have been tagged the most talkative person in office. Ok accepted. But this time it wasn’t me alone. What people fail to understand here is that I truly cherish solitude. In fact, my me time is the best time of the day.


                        Whittaker's White World

Truth to be told, I have rediscovered myself. Speaking of which, I realised that my mind has revealed a lot more to me when am alone. All this while, a sudden realisation struck me. My mind wanted to tell  this from a long time, but I kept deferring and running after an uncertain future. And, one followed the other, and I was oblivious of my true self.

Soon after the introspection phase, I realised this is the best possible thing ever. When you sit back over a cup of tea, you realise that possibly there is a lot more that you can do, rather than what you perceive of yourself.

Often when you sit back and try to listen to your heartbeat, you realise there are a lot of things that need your attention. Your mind needs to be heard. You need to be heard. Sometimes, it is just you that has to be the priority. Deadlines can possibly wait. But negligence to yourself can't.

Are you getting enough of ‘me time?’

Comments

Popular Posts