Travel time gets better with books


Travel Time Gets Better With Books:

Travel tales and tete-a tete are often interesting. Mostly, when you have company, and where you can confide a lot in. My colleagues and acquaintances must be exchanging a smirk, and be saying something like this, “Look, who’s talking about travelling!”

Okay, it’s time for a confession. Every morning, after waking up, I solemnly promise myself to travel in public transport, but as the saying goes, “promises are made to be broken”; and till date I am abiding by that same tagline.  A recent self conducted mind analysis revealed that it is Ola and Uber who are at fault.

As implied, my travel time is mostly solitary. And my beloved books are my sole companion. I can travel, eat, sleep and dream with them. I feel I have personified them invariably. Though, there are few times when am dumbfounded, yet I don’t know how to react when I/ am asked questions like, “How can you manage to read books amid so much noise?” Also, “don’t you get bored while reading all day long?” For a change, yes I am dumbfounded.


                        Georgetown

As much as I want to negate these questions, I can’t unfortunately. Reading was inculcated in us, since my childhood. Not only that, everytime we went out for a family get-together or dinner, we had to come back and write an essay around the same. So, my tryst with books came naturally I guess.

Thus, you can’t count my ‘Me-Time’ to be one solely, it is more like ‘we-time’. The smell of books drive me nuts, and I like to carry them everywhere. Same with my travel time. While most of my friends and acquaintances tell me that music, as in ‘You Tube’, ‘What’s App’, ‘Facebook’ or ‘Insta’ are better options. Unfortunately, I never felt the same.

Like I said, I love it and of course, as Shahrukh Khan says, ‘Humesha apni dil ka sunna!’

Comments

Popular Posts