Can Working on Weekends be Fun?


Ask any journalist or an entrepreneur for that matter, and you would know that working weekends are actually a thing. I have been summoned various times on weekends, and despite my reluctance, I had to make it to office nevertheless.

While I was a little away from my work, social media showed me instances of people checking into some exotic places, or chilling over a house party. And I am here typing on my desktop and running errands…

But this weekend, I noticed something uncanny. I suddenly enjoyed working on weekends. The roads are empty in a city like Mumbai where you take almost an hour to travel half a kilometre. The office is empty too. The concentration level is high. And, you tend to be more functional too.



Before writing this, I never imagined I would be saying this, but yes I enjoyed working this weekend. I can’t possibly say this was a love-hate relationship, but yeah, I enjoyed working.
Your mind is much relaxed, and you tend to focus more.

Being a workaholic, this isn’t something you would get to hear more often. But, which is why I am suggesting why you should try this more often. I know it sounds weird, but I suggest you could try it out just for once.

Maybe for the sake of it?

Comments

Popular Posts