I switched off my phone on Saturday. This is What Happened!

I am sure that most of you must be intrigued with the headline, and possibly a lot of you would be scratching your heads as to how can someone switch off their phones on a weekend! Sans Instagram. Sans Netflix…

But, my experience this weekend was tad different. It so happened that my phone charged out all of a sudden, and I got fascinated by a book, to which I sought refuge in. I guess my phone stayed put for more than three hours before I actually realised that my phone was missing!

However, for those three hours, I kind of revisited a solace I hadn’t felt in years. Somehow, there was an undiscovered tranquillity that smoothened my nerves within. I felt that I could resist the urge to check my Whatsapp messages or the number of views on my Insta story.

Also, in the process, I felt like somebody has actually lifted off a heavy load from me. That I don't feel heavy or unanswerable anymore.


Now, while staying away from my phone I kind of tried to decipher why would top moguls often opt for a retreat over an important meeting.They tend to literally break off from the world and try to do something creative that would help in enriching both themselves and their company.
Also, if you guys know about the latest episode of Netflix’s Smithereens from Black Mirror, you would get to know that the protagonist, who was an established person, took up the job of an Uber driver, only to talk to a top level CEO, and to make him realise that addiction to social media cause a person to die!

The takeaway?

The phone, though a very important device in your life isn’t as important as disturbing your mental peace. Care to try once?

Comments

Popular Posts