Money Heist Season 3 Failed To Excite Me!



Spain as a country always seemed enticing to me, everything from their language, to their topography, and their cuisines seemed unique. So did its content, Narcos and Money Heist to be precise.

Both were brilliantly produced and directed. I was absolutely glued to it everytime I watched it. In order to watch Pablo, full in action, I used to finish off with work soon. Same happened with Money Heist too. I was completely smitten by it...

How impeccable was the Professor’s plan to rob the Royal Mint of Spain! How commendably planned was that!  All the characters from Tokyo, Berlin, Helsinki, Denver, to Nairobi and Moscow, seemed so very special and unique.

Courtesy: YouTube

I used to sit back glued to my screen, crashing almost my entire day on the couch curled up and binge-watching on Monet Heist. Hours used to pass by, I would continue my tryst with Netflix and Money Heist; be immersed in the execution of the Professor’s plan. Now, you can very well imagine how inclined and eager was I for the third season! So much so that I am falling short of adjectives now. Money Heist’s third season started doing the rounds, when I was midway with Designated Survivor.

I literally stopped Designated Survivor in the middle, and hopped onto Money Heist’s Season 3. It was so overwhelming to find Sergio (Professor) and Raquel planning their next attack together. Things seemed even more enticing because very rarely do we find police officers planning attacks!

So very exciting, right?

I wish I could remain this excited while I say this, but I can’t unfortunately. The third season wasn’t carried out properly, and there were a lot of loose ends too. For example, the highly confident Professor seemed very disturbed to carry out the new plan, since it was planned by his brother. That is a huge paradox because it doesn’t seemingly match the character of the Professor. Also while the plan is to be executed, everything falls apart. Nairobi and Tokyo failed miserably to execute the plan, and eventually, there is a lot of unrest within. This leaves innumerable points for the police to track them down, and eventually Raquel is in the police’s custody.

The police act too prudent here. They fake a gunshot implying that Raquel is dead. This devastates the Professor to the zenith. He breaks down, weeping and mourning the loss of the love of his life. Meanwhile, Raquel is in shambles too.

The ending kind of seemed abrupt to me. What exactly do we infer from this? That we should never be dishonest in our lives? Should we not risk our lives to help a friend? Or, do we need to be happy and satisfied with what we have in our life?

Things seemed pretty confusing so much so that I didn’t know what to expect at the end. As of now, I can only say that things are I am not excited anymore!

Comments

Popular Posts