Do You Think Resting is Detrimental?


Talking of us millennials, we kind of have a 'chillaxed' attitude towards everything almost. We want flexible working hours, work from home, weekends off and the list continues. But I have known millennials who prefer working all the time, even during leisure and weekends.

Consider the case of the famous Nas Daily guy Nuseir Yassin. Recently, my cousin shared a video of his where he stated that he never takes a break, because when he does, the flow breaks and he can't resume back to his original energy level. Also, Ranveer Allahbadia (of Beer Biceps) mentioned about how ambitious he is with regards to his fitness regime and discipline…

I too bought these concepts that taking a day off on a weekday, or maybe a week off, might actually be carcinogenic to myself and my work. So, I never took one.

Was Wrong!

Now, these words come out from a workaholic nerd who literally goes by the saying of 'Work is Worship', and is very very passionate about my job. Recently, situations in a way forced me to take a break from my monotonous days. I did, although reluctantly.



Initially, days seemed pretty long, even Netflix and my beloved books didn't suffice. I felt jobless, ambition less, and seemed that I was putting up in a den of laziness! 

But, gradually things became much normal and calmer. I began enjoying this phase of being jobless and doing nothing literally throughout the day. (To be honest, for an OCD freak like me, doing nothing is inclusive of cleaning and dusting every morning)

Mind Refreshing

Another miracle that happened with me was that my mind got spectacularly refresh, calm and soothing. Though this wasn't a complete detox from social media, yet I realised that my creative and thinking capabilities got an uncanny surge. I realised that my memory had increased, and my immune system too showed signs of improvement.

Rather than calling flexible working hours 'chillax', I would say that this modern 'Vipassana' actually made me 'chillax'.

Now if you ask me if am still averse to the idea of taking breaks, I would probably say no. Might even be in Caps! 

Comments

Popular Posts