I Woke Up Today Morning to Dream!


Good morning world. Its 6.15 am by the watch, and I write this sitting on my couch and witnessing the sky, as the day breaks in. Mumbai being a busy city, other happenings can by no chance miss my eyesight. I see a yellow school bus of Poddar, awaiting its children. A group of familiar joggers marching their way to the nearby park, the street lights just going out. Buses and rickshaws leaving for their destinations. 

I sit by my writing desk and just observe. You know, I always felt that the mornings of Mumbai often exude calmness and peace. A lot of times I feel that they feel like that of Varanasi. Just a random thought. But it's something different than the rest of the day and evenings. A bit different. A bit special.

I guess more than the nights, the mornings always encourage me to dream, to dream to be living a better life, to dream to have a good day at work, to dream to excel in what I do. In the words of one of my role models APJ Abdul Kalam, "Dreams are not what you see in sleep. It is the thing that doesn't let you sleep." Well, yes certainly.

Not only do dreams inspire me, they accompany me throughout the day too. For instance, while writing an article I suddenly dream of interviewing Benedict Cumberbatch one day, or maybe work at the San Francisco office of Tech Crunch. Again, while sipping my cuppa of organic tulsi tea, I think of opening a restaurant in the heart of Washington one day, where Senators would dine, and I would watch them all day long. They would be discussing politics and me, an all time politics lover, would try listening to their White House affairs… 



Also some other times, I dream of becoming the best woman entrepreneur one can ever come across. Well, I haven't really decided on the product yet, but am sure to make something that would make others go Wooooowww! Maybe Kevin O'Leary himself would ask for a demo on Shark Tank and eventually all potential investors would pour in dollars into my startup!

Sometimes I even dream to write the most fabulous book, possibly on human psychology that would fetch praises from Simon Sinek himself. It might be so that both of us together would present a Ted talk on how you shouldn't be chasing money, rather money should be chasing you… How wonderful isn't it?

On a serious note, dreams really have any boundaries, they can stretch your imagination far and wide, ticking your imaginary and funny bones; making you feel special and wanted.

And I don't want to change that thought, I want to cling onto it and cherish forever. Some wise soul once said that your thoughts become your actions, and your actions form your habit. If I were to follow this, then I must wake up every morning to dream, to accomplish, and maybe to never look back. And, eventually, my thoughts might lead me to the gates of the White House someday!!

Happy Thursday peeps!

Comments

Popular Posts