My Cat Too Knows When to Say No!


I am extremely fond of cats, so much so that while sleeping, if I don't find a furry coat next to me, I feel my sleep isn't complete. My pets acknowledge that too, making me feel really privileged to have them in my mundane life. They have clearly placed their conditions in front of me but! Their conditions are inclusive of their choice of food, their timing, and their sleeping patterns.

They Love Me They Say 

Yes and this love kind of aggravates when they spot me opening their pack of cat food. All of a sudden, they would jump and sit on lap, rubbing themselves against my knee. 

They sometimes would randomly end up sitting on my lap, and would coax me in their sweet, cooing voice to add a little more of cat food.

Lucky Me!

Believe it or not, I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people on earth, because my cats display such a show of affection that is in every true sense, priceless. 

And, everytime I try to coax them to stay a little longer or maybe allow me to play with their fur for a longer time, they always protest. Sometimes they protest calmly, and most of the times they refuse to be pampered by me. Often, they would make faces and express disgust if I tried to touch them further.



No Means No

In our real lives, how many times do we actually struggle to refuse or turn down a particular thing that we are allergic to? How many of us can say that we have been guilty of not listening to our inner voice within and rather suppressing it all the way more? 

This is a lesson that my cats have taught me that if you can't respect yourself and express your viewpoint, you don't really have a chance of survival in this naked world!

Yet, I am not quite a pro at this. I still succumb to societal pressure and do a whole lot of things that make me feel miserable at the end of the day. But, I am learning slowly. I am learning to turn things down, to refuse to slog for long hours and be unapologetic for taking time out for myself.

Maybe I would learn to say NO too soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts