It's Lemonade Time Now!


In case you were pondering, and are on the verge of applauding me for coining the word 'lemonade time', I would request you to hold that thought, and to kindly allow me to draw a clear disclaimer. 

These words were uttered by Gary Vaynerchuk, aka GaryVee, a media mogul and a huge inspiration to me. As I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, I found this magnanimous video of Gary, where he talked about the contemporary times being a prey before the 'depressing' times, as happens in case of an economy. They say that when life gives you lemons, you must make lemonade out of it… So, as per Gary this is your lemonade time, quite easily put, this is your opportunity to figure out your path and accumulate all your stuff together.

As a kid, my aunt would often whisper in my ears that being an adult is quite a complex phase, and that I was better being a toddler. Always a curious magnet, I would keep on pestering her for this reason. She would retort mildly by saying that she doesn't find solace in looking at the lush green vegetation around anymore. She'd prefer enquiring about how the Sensitive Index, or our very own SENSEX was performing that day. 

But, I could somehow sense that behind her incessant craving with the rise and fall of the SENSEX, she still preferred to cling onto the lush greens…

Years later, that innocent lass has matured upto a grown woman now. Though situations around her have coerced her into behaving much matured and elegant, yet on any given day, she discovers her comfort zone in solitude, frequently looking up to the sky for a cue, when she cannot find the appropriate word to complete her sentence. Like the other day, she was frantically looking for the anglicised meaning of the Sanskrit word 'Sabyasachi'. The sky quickly whispered 'Ambidextrous', and her blog was complete…

It's lemonade time now!



While others suggest that dialing friends and family is a great alternative, I seek a valiant refuge in the green shrubs and the gigantic sky above. I talk to them, compliment them, about the subtle variations in the shades between one branch and the other, while my book is stuck in the crook of my arm, and amid the constant meowing of my kitten.

He wants attention. I turn around to answer him, while he curls around me, pulling me towards him by his frail nails and literally coaxing me to devote all my attention to him. When I lean in closer, I see that he has a lot to say, his world might be a lot different from mine, yet we both are entangled amid this horrendous situation. 

We empathise and embrace each other at length. I hold on to him tightly. He seems to oblige and acknowledge by putting his head on my chin, and rubbing smoothly, as if indicating that we got each others' backs during such turbulent times. 

Or maybe my own Lemonade Time!

Comments

Popular Posts