The Relevance of Storyboards


Remote working, has by far, and most certainly acquainted people with new tools, besides also assisting them in acclimatising to the new normal. It’s now that more often than not businesses, especially in India have gone increasingly digital, and so have corporations. Digitisation undoubtedly comes with its own perks, a majority of which is being dominated by the presence of social media, that increasingly leads to devising new strategies with each passing day, if not hour. 

 

Most social media platforms with the likes of Facebook, Twitter (Fleets), Instagram and Snapchat have come up with this feature of stories that disappear post 24 hours, allowing a person to gain clarity on his consumer behaviour, and keeping his connections apprised of what he is upto. Amid this, another pertinent feature that most people have been swearing by is the concept of a story board. 


This article would be talking about its relevance primarily. I guess I can best demonstrate with the help of my blog, as this is what I have been dedicating my time and energy to. On a platform like Instagram, that is essentially a photo sharing medium, the audience would prefer seeing some visuals, rather than something that’s too heavy for the eye to grasp. As for me when I post this blog on Instagram, I can possibly go ahead by doing something like this. 



As is portrayed, this is just a snippet from the first paragraph of my writing, gradually I can go about adding more as and when, it feels fit and convenient. Similarly, for businesses, this concept holds true. A few days back, a close entrepreneur friend of mine reached out to me, seeking help with regard to understanding Instagram, where she'd be able to reach out to a maximum number of audience. Now, there were two things that she would have to address. First, being consistent with her postings, and secondly, finding ways to engage with her customers. Regarding her postings, she can add a stepwise storyboard, where she can acquaint people with her recent baking, This can stretch anywhere from making her dough, to using icing, and lastly presenting the finished product. 


This is one such finished product from my archives, when I was on no carb diet, and would often indulge in such delicacies. 



Well, truth to be told, this was also a meagre attempt to turn vegan, which never happened by the way. While writing this, I thought, this as a golden opportunity to showcase my culinary skills, that undoubtedly isn’t too much of a common affair. With this comes my next pictorial representation. 


So, here it goes. On a personal front, I’d say that I am increasingly convinced with this concept of a storyboard, as a lot of times, people find artsy and well researched writing to be monotonous, and a little hard to grasp. To avoid those situations, creations of storyboards come to help, not only to ease the readers’ mind, but also, as the saying goes,  ‘A picture is equal to a thousand words.’ Coming to think of it, it also feels much relaxing and calm on the writer. 


So, that’s about it. This is how my final blog looks like, as the featured image showcases…




Comments

Popular Posts