The End Result Might Be Derogatory, Yet The Journey Is Enjoyable

Umm, well quite so. Hypothetically speaking, and for the sake of my headline, I'd try to gauge that in some cases the end result possibly isn’t as fruitful as one thought, or perhaps even derogatory. Yet, more often than not, one has been heard saying that though the effort involved a lot of painstaking initially, yet at the end at the desired results were far from the expectations. 


Well, just thinking and pausing for a bit, if one could think that whatever the nature of the result, good, bad or ugly; it’s not necessary that we spend our whole lives thinking and pondering over it. And, as the saying ‘Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder’ holds true, then it may also be inferred that whether or not a result is good or bad, depends on the person who is actually witnessing it from his point of view. 


Why then should and must be the concern? Why, rather must we be wasting our time thinking about it, when the result is clearly not in our hands? 


Rather, as an alternative, should we be focussing on living in the moment, actually living it full size? Possibly carpe diem ing? If that helps… 



This exercise would be more relevant if I narrate one of my anecdotes as I usually do. This time it’ll be from one of the kitchen tales over the weekend. This was on one such day when I contemplated making Biryani in a pressure cooker. The tutorial that I was referring to made the entire process look quite simple, except that it was far from true. 


Truly, the process was extremely tedious, one because the space was restricted, and two because you couldn’t stir the spatula in a confined space. The entire process seemed too perplexing to me, and I put fried onions in much before than I was supposed to. Similarly, curd went in sooner than it was supposed to, and later on, after serving a plate for myself, and while cleaning the kitchen slabs, I discovered that freshly chopped coriander leaves just lay by. Blimey! 


Nevertheless, the pressure cooker biryani turned out to be decent enough, as per my folks. Though I wasn’t really content with it enough, yet my biryani had gotten the praise that it deserved secretly, yet there was some continuous itching in my head. 


But, as I mentioned, the end result isn’t always colourful and doesn’t have to be also all the time, yet what matters, or rather what is capable of making a person happy is the journey that led to the process. Be it bearing a lot of perspirations, falling down, and getting up again. It’s what makes you you, and yours. 


Comments

Popular Posts