The Art of Investing


Just before writing this piece, my inbox showcased three PDFs that talked about the art and practice of investing, and why do women make good investors. A senior colleague of mine sent this to me from my first job and that increased an ounce of respect even more for him since he considered sharing these investment details with me. 


As I eyed through, everything just went off as a bouncer, where I couldn’t even figure the basic jargons, yet kept going. The mere motivation behind this was the fact that women make wise and good investors and this very thought just kept me going for a long time. This also reminds me that despite several lessons on investments during Economic classes, and seeking help in self-help books that’d help me with the concept, I haven’t really been that successful. 


The last to last book that I read, talked about the ABCs of investing, and that you should you begin from an early stage, and why should you be financially disciplined, I find myself back to square one, where all my rewards get mostly consumed by the monthly rent, groceries, Crossword and Starbucks…


Now, amid this pandemic, where your entire life sounds risky and frisky, you possibly won’t be dialling your Financial Advisor up, and be asking about the Mutual Fund schemes and SIPs, well I am aware that a certain percentage of people possibly would, yet I don’t fall under the same.


Now, in order to help myself be financially disciplined, I’d possibly have to put on blinders that’d be helping me to overlook and get past Starbucks and Crossword, and instead save that money to invest in stocks. Now, this would sound like a mannered approach, and soon I’d also be able to reap benefits from it.



That’d be both an amazing sight and experience. But, if anyone of you are wondering about the timeline behind all of this to happen, kindly be rest assured that nothing fruitful is going to come out for the next 15 months, to be on the safe side, yet can extend from there on as well. Now, that’s how the financial side of me functions, and I was just being honest. 


Lastly, the PDF mentioned somewhere that it doesn’t matter how small you start, but start, maybe I could take that as an advice by starting to invest in myself. 



Comments

Popular Posts