The Tryst With Afternoon Siestas

Talking of afternoon siestas, it could very well be stated that siestas can be really refreshing to some, and act as a deal-breaker or a sword for many. As for me, I fall into the former category and know pretty well for that matter that not only an afternoon siesta, a siesta at any point of the day works wonders. 


Though siestas come to people’s aid differently, and it varies over a period of time, yet the most amazing benefit that I have derived so far is the fact that it lets you bid farewell to all your worries at hand, and just lets you plainly to focus on your dream world. 


While enjoying your siesta, you can jovially feel yourself curling around your pillows and just letting yourself flow freely with the passage of time. While the world outside would be getting anxious at every passing hour over the rising number of COVID cases, the valuation of SENSEX, or worrying about the menu for the afternoon snack or dinner, you are all set to set off on your own journey towards relaxation and comfort. 


It seems as if you don’t have anything to do with the world any longer, as you have just swayed yourself into an ocean of relaxation sans any worries of the external world… 


You feel serene and calm…


Though I recall a lot of instances from my childhood where my elders would often tell me to skip my afternoon siestas as they might result in me gaining weight, and even becoming dumb, I’d swiftly let all of those go-to the doldrums, and just enjoy my naps…


The point that the amount of relaxation that you get post your siesta, where it feels that everything is fresh yet again and your mood feels as light as air, and also resembles the feel of flowers blooming, is sheer happiness.


So light, charming and refreshing that one would like to hold onto it, and just cherish its existence with a welcoming heart. Serene, smooth and refreshing. So smooth and refreshing that a lot of times you’d want to revisit it, a little more than once, maybe even twice under certain circumstances. 


Work from home perks, I tell you!





Comments

Popular Posts