Is The Endless Wait Joyful?

Perhaps yes.

Well, several anecdotes could be used to substantiate it; as a fact, initially,

the waiting period seems exhausting, and to some extent derogatory as well,

however, the end makes up for all of it. 

I’d like to begin by stating one anecdote from my old diary.

Those were the initial days of mine in Mumbai,

and the first place that I visited on reaching here was the Asiatic Society,

one whose triangular top shape stood gleaming perfectly against the golden rays of the sun,

however, somehow its standards of beauty were being obfuscated by thick bamboos.


As I tried getting in, ignoring the subtle signs around me,

a stout and staunch security guard told me that the society was under repair

and would require some time for its services to resume again. 

That was a moment of despair for me indeed,

and throughout the entire route back home,

I kept pondering as to when would the Asiatic Society begin its services.

Yes, there were options to visit nearby bookstores,

and there are countless libraries in Mumbai that one could attend to,

but The Asiatic Society had this special charm and attractive quality about it,

that made it an exception, and sure it was. 


I kept waiting and wailing sometimes, yet the wait wasn’t over yet.

Trying a hand at other pleasantries of life,

I soon discovered that none of those beckoning could substitute for my yearning,

yearning to learn, read, and yearning to visit the Asiatic Society. 

Days became months and months were soon about to turn into a year when this news was finally delivered to me that Asiatic Society had resumed its services, and was calling out to its readers, to come and pay a visit to the newly improved version. The news was delivered to me on a weekday and during the evening, and had it not been this timing, I would have travelled right then. Thankfully, it was a Friday evening, and the next day meant the weekend. Waking up on Saturday, the first thing I did was to brush my teeth, get dressed and leave for Asiatic Society. 


When I reached there finally, it seemed that this was a new version of the Society being upheld infront of me. That day, it was glowing even more against the reddish-golden rays of the sun, and its spotless white attire seemed more profound. Some were saying that it was the bold letters of the Asiatic Society that resembled a Mast Head, and I couldn’t disagree. 

In a nutshell, this wait, though seemed endless, yet was totally worth the time, and indeed the experience was joyful. 

Comments

Popular Posts