Sightseeing Indoors

Sightseeing indoors. Courtesy: Working from home/working remotely. At a time when OTT platforms have been acting as saviours from our increased monotony, we try delving deeper and discovering our happiness within. 

Sometimes we relate to the protagonists of the series, and more often than not even feel sorry for the villains, so much so that their monologues keep playing inside of our mind for a prolonged time. That apart, many friends have shared that they did develop this intrinsic habit of cleaning more frequently. My guess is this happened owing to them casting closer looks at the furniture, now that their options have been limited outside. 


In my case, I’d be stating that sightseeing for me has been mostly internal, and in my case has been a lot of cooking, cleaning and surfing the web, majorly for research-related issues. A whole lot of literary searches, and the ones on philosophy, majorly ancient Greek and Indian. While in the process, and getting to decode the connotations, it could be concluded that none of this is short of sightseeing. 



During the pre-COVID times, mostly on the weekends, we’d either be stepping outside meeting friends, catching up over movie, or dining somewhere, and maybe even paying a visit to nearby places. Now the pandemic seems to have turned everything turtle with most of us being trapped inside, hugely changing the definition of sightseeing. 

One may pose the question as to which one is better. As of now, since I am living this reality already, I could state that the inside isn’t any less interesting. To me at least. When I do go through the lives of such philosophers, it comes to the knowledge that almost all of them had a similar routine. Waking up at 4.30 am, bathing, cleaning the premises, and spending the rest of the day just reading. 


Initially, when I was introduced to this concept of reading, I’d often be wondering about the interesting factor behind reading that’d make a person forget all that happened outside of him. Yet, when I did get immersed in the process myself, it made me involved as well, and I can’t deny the fact that the process in itself was utterly enjoying…


Coming to think of it, and a person not to differentiate often, I’d say that the internal sightseeing doesn’t seem monotonous, and is enjoyable indeed. 


Image courtesy: Freepik

Comments

Popular Posts