Mumbai Rains…

My tryst with rains and the rainy season date back to the olden days. Even though, I’d anticipate that it began since my early toddler days, but it was the teenage years that perhaps got the rains this closer to me. 

During our Geography classes, I recall myself staring aimlessly at the gigantic sky above, which heralded an impeccable black and blue combination, and the tiny droplets that’d wet the sand, with the sand exuding a captivating aroma, strong enough to keep me daydreaming for the next few hours. 


My bio on Blogger mentions myself to be a day dreamer, and one that masters in zoning out; now that I write this blog, I can safely deduce that the rains were partly responsible for shaping up who I am today. Now, addressing my title that talks of the Mumbai rains. Even though I had always looked upto Mumbai as a city that gives shapes to people’s dreams, one that doesn’t turn people down, little did I know that the rain play a significant role in the dream building process.



On a sultry, humid day, I can spot countless faces that look upto the sky, as if summoning the rain gods to pay a visit to the City of Dreams, and due to the courtesy of the cyclones, even if people do witness a few drops, most of them would go either getting drenched, or planning for a grand fiesta. 


Lying on my bed when I look at the sky outside, I the tall coconut branches swinging their heads in closed collaboration with each other, as if they had a pact with the rain to welcome him in this spirit and valour. Meanwhile, I get pensive staring at the cloudy sky, rains and the wet grounds…


Well, I am acutely aware that most people would perhaps disagree with this continuing romance of mine with the rains, but I’d beg to differ each time. Even though the very sight ahead of me is just water logging, even though my kitchen ceiling is leaking, even though I got a cold, but the tryst shall continue.


It lasted yesterday, will last tomorrow, and forever. 


Love, 

An ardent lover of the Mumbai rains. 


Comments

Popular Posts