Feeling Light And Hopeful

And, I wouldn’t deviate much from what’s mentioned in the headline. Of course, this is an effect of attending today’s Vedanta class. For today’s class, we covered Verses 58-60 off Shankaracharya’s Aporakshanubhuti. These were the portions that were mainly focused on as Swamiji says to be the second part of Vedanta where the self is not different from the non-self. 

I’d have to admit that these days I haven’t been in a great mental state of mind, also maybe I do tend to overthink quite a bit. And, this isn’t something we can’t escape, which is the entire discussion encircling marriage, in my case things are that great romantically, so possibly I’d have to settle down for an arranged marriage. Not a concept that I am averse to entirely but probably all the matches and the families that I am encountering aren’t that great. 


Now, of course, I understand where I am coming from, it’s not that I have a huge salary, nor do I have my own house here in Mumbai, but I don’t know what is it inside of me that refuses to settle down. 


When I sit down and start thinking to myself, post interacting with the others I feel that there is much more to be achieved in life, rather than being anyone’s partner. And, let’s be real. Getting married some down the line settling down with some person calls for having to sacrifice a lot on our dreams and aspirations, or so I feel. 


Not that am averse to the idea or the concept of marriage, but I just don’t want to go for it, as a matter of societal norm and I feel terrible about the fact that my mum has to go through a lot of trouble and I can’t do anything to help her out. 



Thing is I shall be happy to. Personally, I am quite indifferent to the concept of marriage, but if I have to settle down I’d choose to be with someone with whom I am mentally compatible. 

Lots of people have done that, and I am sure I’d too. But the question is when? Now, today after listening to the lecture, I feel a great sense of lightness within, especially that part where Swamiji mentioned that we are already that powerful spirit, just have to realise that. 


Does it apply to the practical world too? I bet it does. I am just on the verge of identifying and being one with it. 


Image courtesy: Josh Boot on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts