This Is A Dream Body

So I heard in today’s Aparokshanubhuti class. And, to be honest, when I strive to think and gulp down all that I heard, my mind and emotions tell me that it’s something deeply philosophical, something that’d probably take a long time for me to reckon. But, as a matter of fact, and I suspect that I am under some kind of spell, I want to come back to it over and over again. 

Should I call it an intoxication or the mere result of my stretched imagination that I feel this way? Swamiji mentioned that people come to learn Vedanta majorly because they want to get rid of their sufferings, and the unending problems that life throws at them. I feel there could be a valuable addition here, which is people like us that come to seek Vedanta want to unearth excavations, as if with the feeling that life has a lot more to offer than we are just experiencing now. 


In that regard, Swamiji mentions that all of our pains would cease to exist if we only do realise that all of the operations take place at the level of the body and the mind and that the body is not at all any different from the dream body. 



Sound too much? I wouldn’t lie, the same happened for me too. But, as and when I began delving deeper and grasping the subject slowly, it became quite clear to me, certainly not crystal clear, but I can say that I can make some sense out of it. 

As I hear the words of Vedanta and begin contemplating that aeons ago sages contemplated these truths in deep meditation, I kind of get petrified, just by the mere thought of this umpteen creation, and thus delving further deep, and understanding the reality. 


To tell you the truth, there’s a lot to be said and I want to share everything, but my fingers just feel numb, perhaps I am bitten deeply by the Vedanta bug...


Image courtesy: MoodyWalk on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts