Writing A Book Is An Art, One That Goes Creative With Every Chapter

Hey there fellas, how are y’all holding up amid such trying and testing times? All’s well here and I wish it’s the same for y’all. So, as you might be aware that my debut novel The Chronicles of Mumbai has been published and every week in my blogs I take y’all through my literary journey. 

For today’s section I thought of discussing why I feel that writing a book, in fact just writing for that matter, is an art and how does it keep evolving with the passage of time. You know, I have to say that writing to me is like therapy and it works like magic for me. It doesn’t matter whether it’s day or night, whether I am happy or sad, writing just works wonders for me. And all of this is about my blog that i am talking about, and of course you can very well imagine how much I hold books in high regards. 


So, why do I say that writing a book is an art? I am sure most of you would agree that y’all have experienced this ecstasy after completing a story/article. Not only do you feel that you’ve accomplished something, but you feel so relaxed and jovial. Personally I feel very calm and happy just after having a cup of black tea - refreshing. Exactly, my writing gets me refreshed. 



It’d be better to mention here in this regard that around three years back, I had a severe nervous breakdown - I was broken physically and mentally. When I visited my general physician he asked me what I did professionally and what my hobbies were like. I mentioned both to be writing, as in I was a journalist professionally that required me to write and personally I love to write as well. He understood that I was stretching myself too much, and said that perhaps I need a break and he asked me to stop writing for some time. 

I answered and requested him that writing was like my oxygen and that I couldn’t live without it. He said that he could only allow me to write if I could promise him that I’ll be easy on myself and not worry about trivial matters, and here we are. I would have called and told him about this book of mine if I had his number saved.


And, I feel that the entire process in itself is an art. I say this with regard to writing this book. So, you are there amid your office work, and household chores, and all of a sudden you decide to write a book, which means thinking of a plot, designing characters, and finally stepping onto the shoes of an audience and judging your own work from the perspective of a third person.  


Well, I gotta say here that initially the entire process might seem to be daunting, however at the end of it, when you do have the hard copy of your book, your book at hand, you feel like you’ve attained nirvana - the ultimate realisation and what better to explain this, other than just calling this entire process an art? 


Image by John Kahanek on Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts