Revisiting My Therapy. Writing.

Hello everyone! How are you this morning? I have been holding up fine after a few meltdowns which I am sure isn’t a novelty in this era that we are living in. Even though in most of my blogs I mention how optimistic I try to stay in life, yet there are several situations where almost everything goes for a toss and you return to a cocoon from where you don’t come out. 

I have to say that something similar happened to me as well, and I just couldn’t get myself up to write, something that I follow diligently. No matter how busy my schedule gets I always make time for my blogs and don’t even bother if they are well structured or grammatically correct, I just know that I have to write my blogs, come what may. 


Unfortunately, last week was one of the rarest times when I couldn’t get myself to write at all. The reason - I wasn’t keeping well both physically and mentally, the continuation of which saw the effect till yesterday. But today I decided that I have to do something about it, otherwise I’ll be really unjust to myself and my habits. So, here I am keeping upto my promises and sharing good vibes. Or should I say that I am revisiting my therapy sessions?




Possibly the latter. For the record, I have been fortunate enough to not need therapy sessions. To me writing is therapy for some reason that has remained unidentified. It’s like how you do feel great after an intense workout session or sweating at the gym, I feel rejuvenated after writing, and especially when I am getting to write about the thing that I love talking about the most. Myself. 


Just a few days back a dear friend asked if at all I do get the time to meditate and take time out for myself in a crowded and busy city like Mumbai. I replied in the affirmative very confidently and said that I am proud of doing that and that situations or people don’t define me, instead it’s me that decides how to treat myself throughout the day. And believe me there is an intense liberation in that. 


And when you actually do that, you’d realise why I call writing my therapy.


Image courtesy: Green Chameleon on Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts