Today Is Your Day As Is Everyday

Happy Tuesday folks and also a very Happy International Womens’ Day. I feel so happy and proud to be writing this blog and happier to see all the well wishes and messages that are coming on Womens’ Day. However, somewhere this is this debater inside of me that refuses to cope up with the idea that there could just be one day that could be dedicated to women. 

It refuses to settle for anything else, and shrieks out loud stating that every day and every moment is one that is supposed to be dedicated to all the wonderful women out there. And sure it’s not wrong for a bit. Why can’t we acknowledge it? That reminds me when I was in my early twenties I’d cheer a lot about women and the daily troubles they do face in their lives, be it in their professional space or family, there was something she always had to fight for. 


Later when I started getting a little older I realised egalitarianism is a great deal. Earlier I used to be baffled with the fact and the very concept of this but later I felt that the way any society can progress is when the genders behave maturely and when there is equality between them. 



Sure, in this voyage of knowing and involving the self with topics like feminism and gender equality, I have earned the disgrace of many. There have been many men and women unfortunately who have been falling a prey to the misconceived notions surrounding feminism so much so that they just choose to be mum about it and ignore anyone that chooses to speak about it. 

What they fail to understand is that feminism doesn’t necessarily mean bringing down men, it infact means that men and women must be given equal powers and that women should not be subjected to the unequal treatment and constantly be at the receiving end of biases. Actually it's high time that men must take a stand and promulgate this equality. Yes, I am aware that there are people working towards it, but there must be more. 


Talking about appreciating a particular gender we have to be appreciative of what both of them do and that practice should not just be restricted to one particular day, each day and every moment must be dedicated to their well being. As I write this blog I recall how Swami Vivekananda advocated the education and progress of women. He said that men and women are two wings of a bird that helps it fly and soar high across the sky. 


Perhaps this is what is called soaring high with flying colours and of course in my lifetime I’d want to see a day when this equality is achieved. When there’d be no discrimination on the basis of gender, when people would be content with the birth of a female child with a firm conviction that she is perhaps equally capable and when people would stop associating with families who do not have a male heir. 


This Womens’ Day lets pledge to bring about this equality and promote fraternity amongst all. Much love and light to all. 


Image courtesy of Yogendra Singh on Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts