I am Powerful

For the past few weeks, I have been reading and after that dedicating a lot of time to contemplating what I read. I have been mesmerised reading about our ancient Yoga philosophy in India, and believe me every time I read I get bedazzled even more. 

The yoga philosophy talks of various principles, for example, there are the breathing techniques, there is the control of the body and mind, and how can one be fully liberated. I have been reading the portion that talks about recognising the Self as a powerful being and then establishing the Self in that knowledge in every walks of life. 


In our daily life also there are motivational speakers and lifestyle coaches who talk often about identifying our inner nature, which is powerful and they often say that we do not realise how powerful our subconscious minds are. Yoga says this too and says that all the mistakes we commit in our lives are due to our own weaknesses. 


That is to say that we are honey bees, which means that we have to just get the taste of the honey, and then leave. But, in our cases, what happens is that we get our own feet stuck while trying to get the taste of the honey, and that is utter slavery, except in this case we are choosing to be slaves ourselves. 


So, what do we do and how do we redeem ourselves from this cobweb? Yoga says that we have to reach such a state where we can gain full control of our bodies and minds. I personally feel like they said that our minds have to be controlled first, and then gradually we can get to bodies, as it is our minds that control us and lead us to think. 


But more often than not, we see our minds wander here and there, and we find it increasingly difficult to control. In the Bhagavad Gita, Arjuna complains to Lord Krishna that the mind is as turbulent as the fast-flowing wind, and it is difficult to control. Bhagwan listens to Arjuna calmly and says that it is indeed difficult to control the mind, but it can be controlled with proper practice and dedication. 

In a similar approach, what I have been teaching myself over the days is that I am a powerful soul, and there is nothing, I repeat nothing in this whole universe that can deter me. I have to say honestly that it has worked out quite well for me every time. Sure, there are rainy days, and to be frank, the world is often going to throw stones at you at every opportunity it gets, but never should it be able to crush your spirits, and it is you who has to remind yourself of the immense powers that you possess. 


Whenever you find yourself in any kind of distress, just sit back and repeat to yourself, “I am powerful, I am powerful”, and slowly you would there an enormous strength encircling you, and while you have that just embrace it wholly. 


As for me, I would just get to read more about Yoga so that I can disseminate more information to you. Enjoy your week folks, and don’t forget to say hi to the powerful you inside.


Image courtesy: Kindel Media on Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts