Believe That It’s All Going To Work Out

 On a weary day as I was jostling and hustling through my struggles, I was encountering several thoughts that said, “What’s the point of doing anything anymore? Is anything ever going to work out? Am I always going to  be hustling like I always do?” It was as if I could see myself descending from my train of thoughts and questioning my very own existence. 


I pondered and pondered, leaving myself alone and vulnerable with my constant questioning mind. I had no one to talk to, felt like no one would understand my agony, and that nothing ever will work out…


In my solitary desperation, I tried eyeing through YouTube hoping if there could be something that could lift up my spirits - something that could assure me that there is hope left still?


I don’t know if YouTube has an algorithm that could read my mind, as right on my home page I could see Steve Jobs’s spectacular speech at Stanford University, and the end of the video had me in tears. He mentioned that his family had worked really hard for him to go to college, and he did indeed go to one, only to quit it later as he felt that college could not provide him with any knowledge. 


He would just roam around the corridor, sleep on the floors, and refill bottles in exchange for some money, travel kilometers to a Hindu temple where they would distribute free food, and come back fulfilled. 


Hearing all this got me thinking about how could he survive so many hardships and so much agony, and how could life be so unfair to him. He explained everything with a smile and said that he was loving every bit of the struggle that he was going through. Now, that was an absolute shocker, I mean who on earth could say that? 


Steve Jobs did and he did it wholeheartedly. He paused in the middle of his speech, smiled, and said, “You have to trust that all of it is going to work out.” He also added that we cannot connect the dots moving forward, but when we go backward we see that everything happens for a reason. 


That speech made me strong, provided me hope, and made me believe that it is all going to work out in the long run, no matter how many struggles I have to endure now, I have to trust that everything is going to work out sooner or later. 


I am working towards that and no matter what I have to realise that there is me - the Self, the all-pervading and that is the force to protect me always, and I am that.


Image courtesy: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts