The Greatest Day Ever

The headline above might seem to be scintillating, it might even just irk the feeling that perhaps this is a day when I earned a lot of cash, ate amazing food, or had a lotta fun. Hmm, technically speaking it is actually none of those. 

Well, sorry to burst the bubble but none of the aforementioned happened to me, yet I had the greatest day of my life ever. Of course, I’d reveal in all honesty that I had to do a lot of practice before I could have the greatest day of my life, and I’ll try to reveal this in this blog. 

The first practice is belief, my friends describe me as someone who is really ambitious and that my brain never stops functioning. I’d agree that a bit of that is true, and when you have that kind of brain, you are always jumping from one thing to the other. In my case, I have set such ambitious goals for myself that sometimes even my mother gets astonished, and time and again I have seen instances that could prove that I couldn’t reach my goal.


Of course, I encountered times when I wanted to give up, as I wasn’t even sure if I was heading the right way but I carried on regardless. The failures and setbacks never ceased to exist, they continued, but I had made a promise to myself that I’ll never give up no matter what. 


Also, there is one exercise that I do every night before going to bed which is just mentally visualising, what I did throughout the day and reminding myself of a good and a bad thing that I did throughout the day. In the initial days, it would just be the negative thoughts that would encircle me, and I would question myself a hundred times as to why would I do something like that, and when it came to positives, it would just be a handful. 


Days continued like this, and slowly I reached a 50-50 phase where the positives and negatives were at the same level, and yesterday when I was recollecting what was the good and the bad thing that I did I discovered that I had to think hard of the bad thing. I jumped out in joy and realised that it was possible to get out of the negativity. 


And, every morning when I wake up I repeat to myself, “Today is going to be a great day. Everything is going to be just perfect.” Believe me, that is exactly what happened to me today, I spent the day exactly as I had planned, worked exactly as planned, and everything went on perfectly. 


So, in a nutshell, in case you are wondering how all of this started, know that it started from within the Self, and it is you who can make all the magic happen. So, why waste any more time, just go out there, spread your wings and say “Today will be the greatest day ever” and see what happens.


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts