Everything Is Working Out

Everything is working out, or even everything is going to work out has literally become my catchphrase over the past couple of days. Honestly speaking, I first heard Steve Jobs talk about this. He mentioned that during his college days when he decided to drop out of college and when he would not have the money to eat, he would literally travel for seven kilometres to a Hindu temple that would serve food every Sunday. 

Now, to a normal person that might seem to be quite daunting - I mean who on earth enjoys travelling seven kilometres for food, and that too on foot! But to Jobs everything was an enjoyable process - he said that he enjoyed every bit of what he was doing because he had a purpose and he was moving towards that. 


Then he said that whatever failures, disappointments or miseries we face in our lives, we have to trust that all of them are happening for a reason and that in the end, everything is going to work out just as fine. I’ll admit that I was rattled hearing that, and I would often question myself how could any of that be true?


How can pain be trusted to produce happiness in the long run? Does that really work that way? If so, how? Who on earth can say that these excruciating pains are capable of producing an ounce of happiness? 



Does that ever work? Well, both history and Steve Jobs say that they do and there is an old saying, “There is light at the end of the tunnel.” Well, if that be the case then in my life I am just digging and digging the ground, and trusting the future that things are going to be in my favour going forward. 

Bhagwan Krishna mentions in the Bhagavad Gita that one must always keep on working and not wait or expect the results, and neither be attached to inaction. I can say that in my case I am operating at the same level, well kind of. Of course, there are countless such days when I do not feel like moving out of bed, when I do not see the desired results, but I keep reminding myself that everything is going to work out, and I have to show up no matter what. 


It is my responsibility, if not to anyone else then to myself. Let me be frank and share that today morning was something similar to. I woke up, thought of checking my email, didn’t see anything relevant or what I had been expecting and felt like today isn’t worth waking up. 


But, I did. I did and here I am just in front of my computer typing and writing my blog, reposing faith in myself, reposing faith in the universe and acting with the firm belief that everything is going to work out. 


Fast forward, I imagine myself in that position when everything is working out and I am smiling a smile of contentment.


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts