Knowing the “Why”

Hello dear readers, how are y’all holding up? It is a bright sunny day here as I start writing this piece and I have to say that I am a lot charged up as well. Guess you can imagine reading the headline that in today’s blog I am going to be talking about the existence of “Why”, rather knowing about our own “Why.”

I am sure most of you must have read the book by Simon Sinek called “Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action.” I loved that book as it assesses the reason behind everything. I mean you have to realise and understand why are you doing the things that you are doing. 


These days a lot of people go blank when they are asked why are they studying a particular subject, most of the time their answer is something like, “Oh I am taking this course because my friends are” or maybe something like, “Well, I don’t know, ask my parents.” 


Now, ask yourself is it really something that you must pursue or if you are just doing it owing to increased pressure from folks. The same is the case with marriage - I mean you ask anyone unless it is the folks who are involved in love marriages, most would say that they are getting married because well, they are ageing, because the societal norms say so, and so forth. 


But, apart from companionship, getting married also means a lot of financial commitments, can you deny that? Most of the divorces that are happening in the United States today are owing to financial instabilities. So, unless you check off all the boxes you must hold off on marriage. 



Alright, let me talk about the other aspect of “Knowing Your Why”. A lot of times we say that all we need is some motivation or inspiration in our lives, and then we will be good to go. But, is that the case at all? I mean think about it, let’s say for the case of argument the motivation is affecting you but is that something that will stay with you for the long term?

Mostly no. I guess in those cases, it is pivotal to think about your “Why”, and then you will get all the motivation that you need. As for myself, I can vouch for the fact that in my daily life meditation helps me immensely. It helps me remain calm and also leads me to look at things from a neutral perspective. 


The same is the case of working out - which helps me stay active, maintain a good shape and also boost my mood. But honestly speaking I don’t feel like working out or even meditating all the time, but then I think of my “why” and it comes to my knowledge that both working out and meditating are essential for maintaining a healthy body and soul. 


And, now in all those circumstances when I feel that I need some external factor or an external being to “motivate” me, I calm myself and think of the “Why”, and then everything becomes crystal clear. 


Don’t believe me? Try it out for yourself


Image courtesy: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts