Taking Inspiration

I guess this question is being asked to almost everyone, especially if that person is successful. We often ask that person things like who has been their inspiration, and so forth. Mostly the successful folks talk about any role models they might have in the field of technology, finance, movies, etc. 

Yesterday was an exception when I heard an actor say something different, which sparked an interest in me. He said that he himself is his greatest inspiration, while almost everyone around looked baffled at this idea but he said that with calm and peace around him. 


I could contemplate what he was communicating due to my exposure to spirituality perhaps. You know in spirituality they lay a lot of emphasis on the concept and power of the “Self” -- the all-pervading and the all-powerful. After hearing that guy’s speech I could contemplate that he has grasped the concept of the “Self” quite well knowingly or unknowingly. 




And why not? The “Self” is all that we have to cling onto and we must take refuge in it only. Swami Vivekananda had said in one of his speeches that we are the lions and we must shake off this delusion that we are sheep. He further said that all the power and strength that we are seeking outside are already there manifested inside of us, and all we have to do is just realise it. 


Sure, more often than not, life hits you in the face with terrible challenges, and there is no one in whom you can confide in. It almost feels like life has hit you with a rock in the face and you do not know where to look or how to react. What can you do in those circumstances, who is coming to rescue you?


No one. Yes, please read that again, no one is coming. It is you and you only who is your own saviour. So, maybe instead of trying to seek happiness and fulfilment outside, we must try taking a deep look inside. It is all in there - the deep, fulfilled you and the real you. And, I can guarantee that it is a wonderful place to be. 


It is my feeling that a lot of times we do not resort to this ideal because somewhere deep inside we are just scared. But, what are we scared of? And, why should we be at all? Is it easier said than done, hmm, I wouldn't do that, but if we have to operate in the long run we have to make it happen. Not for anyone else but for ourselves. 


Oftentimes when I am sitting idle I try thinking about this fear is all capturing, I feel why do we let this fear operate at all? Why can it not go away? If you study successful people you will see it is not always the case that they do not feel fear but they choose to override the fear and do what is necessary to be done. 


Of course we have to understand that it is life and no kidding but life is a tough cookie to swallow, but we have a way to operate and get our inspiration from and that is from the “Self.” There are countless such times in my life when I dread fear or failure and believe me in all those cases I make it a point to connect with my real “Self” and then I rediscover myself lying and reengineering in a pool of strength and believe me that feeling is wonderful!


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts