Becoming A Pro

Hello there, my dear readers, how are you doing? It is an amazing day here, I came back from a long walk, really energised and feeling even more excited to write down this piece. Just this morning I heard this wonderful video by Earl Nightingale, one of the greatest motivational speakers of all time who talked a little about the habits of successful people. 

He mentioned in his video that people who strive to be successful must under all circumstances avoid doing what the masses are doing. He further elaborated that the masses have to be helped and served regardless, but always we must be able to build up a personality and individuality for ourselves, and need not necessarily follow the herd. 


Now, those of you acquainted with the Hindu scripture Bhagavad Gita would know that Arjuna, the great prince and warrior was initially reluctant to fight the war, stating that it would really be unjust for him to wage a war and that too against his own kin. It was Bhagavan Shree Krishna who guided him towards his moral responsibilities. Bhagavan said that Arjuna being one who was responsible for his family must keep his promise of fighting the war. 



And Arjuna did. There were many reasons behind him fighting the war but one of the main reasons was that he was a warrior, an excellent one and that he had mastered the art of fighting. Now, getting back to the video of Nightingale that I was talking about, he mentioned that there are several formulas to success and one amongst them is to be the absolute best in whatever you do, that is your profession. 


In my case I can say that I am a journalist which means that not only do I have to be adept in preparing news reports but also understand technology and be the absolute best at it. Nightingale said that the process isn’t easy, sure it is very difficult, but the end results would be rewarding. 


He revealed in his video that almost all organisations and corporates across the globe are on the lookout for people who have the required amount of expertise in their fields, and when a person becomes great at what he does, he then reaches such a point where he can claim his own tickets and people would be ready to pay for whatever he’d charge. 


I have to say that I drew huge inspirations from Nightingale’s words, and starting today I am going to be taking all the steps that would lead me towards that direction, towards the direction of prosperity and abundance, but for that I have to play my part. He also mentioned that every person is being paid in accordance with the service that he is providing. 


So now, apart from developing all the skills I am also trying to be more of a service to people which will help them and also me in the long run. Ever since last year and also this year I have decided not to associate myself with anything that is mediocre or average, honestly I am done living that kind of life, now I am only going to be thinking of a future which is full and abundant, and for that I have to become a pro at what I do, and I know that I will. 


And, I am also sure that a year from now we will have a different conversation and that will be about abundance and success. 


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts