Showing Up Everyday

Hey there, my beautiful readers, how is midweek treating you? Too hectic, glum or exciting? Well, regardless of how you are feeling, success lies in showing up every day and doing things that you do not want to do. Kudos if you are already doing that, but if you are like me, who’s been slacking off quite a bit off late, then you and I need to talk. 

Hmm, let’s see. Have you heard the saying where they say that there will once be a time when everything will go south in your life? Well, I would claim those words to be the gospel truth, and they happen more often than not, you find yourself in an absolute mess, and everything goes haywire. 


You blame yourself, but sometimes there are circumstances that are much beyond your control, and as bitter as it may sound, sometimes things go wrong even if you try your best, but again let’s just recapitulate on the Buddhist philosophy of impermanence, they emphasise this concept a lot and say that everything that is happening to us in our lives is bound to come and go, it will not stay. 


This has been mentioned in the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad Gita as well, where Lord Krishna tells his favourite disciple Arjuna that things, people and events should come and go, and as humans it is our duty to tolerate them just as we tolerate the seasons. Krishna gave this advice to Arjuna when he refused to fight the war against his peers, but the Lord revealed to him that Arjuna’s nature was that of a fighter, and he was supposed to fight, no matter what. 



You see I got into this habit of studying successful people contemporarily and have discovered that it’s not always the case that they are the most intelligent and talented people ever. Perhaps they are not, but they have this commendable quality in them which is perseverance and showing up every day, whether it’s sunny or rainy, they don’t care what the weather feels like, or how they are feeling, they just know that they have to make things work. 


I have also heard of several interviews where famous athletes have said that no matter what day of the week it is, or how they are feeling if it is time for them to hit the gym they will hit it no matter what. You see there’s this brutal self-discipline and the courage to keep moving forward and let’s face it - no matter how strong you are there will be times when life will knock you down, and you cannot help it, but as a responsible person, you and I have to keep moving forward, and we’ll get there slowly. 


Believe me, I was in no mood to write this blog down when I finally decided that I have to, and here we are. I can say that I feel much more relaxed, composed and self-confident than I would have felt if I would have procrastinated. And, I have decided that I am going to show up every day no matter what.


Image courtesy: Pixabay 


Comments

Popular Posts