Crossing The Ocean

Hey there, my dear readers. Wish y’all a very Happy Sunday, I hope y’all had a great weekend, and are all set to begin this week. Just before I started writing this blog I came across a beautiful writing by Rabindranath Tagore that someone shared on LinkedIn. 

It said, “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” That was some deep lesson right there. Many times we feel like we want to accomplish a lot, and we think of the unthinkable, but more often than not we fail to take the required actions and expect things to go our way without even acting the way we are supposed to act. 


At least it happens to me. Personally, in my case, I can say that I tend to plan way ahead, and not think of what I should be doing right now. So, basically, I spend a whole deal of my time just blankly staring at the ocean and its waters, but not plotting on how I should be crossing it. 


If that sounds familiar to you, let me say that there are hopes for people like us after all. No, it is not me saying this, but all those successful people about whom I got an opportunity to study, I noted that all of them believe in taking prompt action. Well, yours truly has tried walking that path quite a few times and felt like that is the way to go. 



I have also learnt that it is quite normal to be feeling lost or disoriented in this transition phase, but no matter what we must not forget to take the required actions. I guess the philosophy of stoicism really comes into play here, where you are doing things that you have to do irrespective of what the circumstances are or how you are being treated. If it is a part of your job to write X number of blog posts a day, you might as well do it, regardless of what your mental state is, and if you continue doing it for a considerably longer period of time then only you can think of crossing the ocean. 


And of course, all of us here have been plotting towards crossing the ocean, wading through and reaching our destination. It will come to pass, oh for sure it will, and we’ve always been thinking big and expecting big things to happen, this will happen for sure, as long as we plan on swimming through the ocean and not just staring blankly at it. 


You see the quote by Tagore is really inspirational - not only does it make you think, but it also insists that you take prompt action. Guess that is all we need, a little push, a little motivation and we are all set to go. As I write this, I get a feeling that not only will we swim through but we will know how to deal with all the sharks along the way, as we are powerful and people that take prompt actions.


Image courtesy: Pexels


Comments

Popular Posts