Shooting For The Stars

Hello, hello, dear readers, how are y’all holding up? It is a beautiful morning here today, which makes it even more interesting to write this blog. As most of you would all know that over the days I have talked about believing in yourself, going after the impossible, and thinking of the unthinkable, seems like today wouldn't be any different, as I am going to place my views on leaping. 

Sure, you can call it a leap of faith, but I have a thing for the stars, and all throughout my life I felt that I should be shooting for them, and boy, do I love taking risks! Hmm, yes, taking risks does come with their terms and conditions, and mostly they do more harm than good. But the little amount of good that you are left with is far more than what any kind of secure thing could provide. 


I’d like to take this occasion to refer to a very relevant quote by Swami Vivekananda. He said, “Take risks in your life, if you win, you can lead, if you lose, you can guide.” And, I am absolutely smitten by that statement of his. Well, it is always better and advisable to be taking risks, but you also gotta be taking the hits, and be willing to fail. 


You would see that those that succeeded never ever did so operating from their comfort zone, all of them have done things that 90% of the population didn’t think, and they put themselves out there willingly without even thinking about success or failure. Over the days I have been studying entrepreneurs and self-made millionaires, and have discovered that most of them think about things which usually normal people do not think about, and once they realised their goals they go to every extent to make it possible. 


They tend to believe that failures are temporary defeats and that their efforts will see the light of the day one day or the other, just that till then one must go about their business. Also, the other day, I heard a celebrity tell his audience at a talk show that if one doesn’t strive to aim towards the moon, they will not even be able to reach the 10th or 12th floor of a building. I believe this statement wholeheartedly and all through my life I have been trying to do things that were way out of my league, and no one in my surroundings could believe that achieving such a thing was possible. 



To be honest, neither did I but I worked towards it regardless. Come sunshine, hailstorm, rain or depression, I was willing to do all that I have to reach my goals. I was willing to shoot for the stars and do whatever it took to reach my goals. Hmm, I guess it would be wise to give a little personal update here. In case you might be wondering if all of this is just made up, then please know that it is not.

I have personally followed this path and can say that the days are boring, the nights seem long with absolutely no desire to get out of bed the next day, but you have to do so regardless, and one day you’ll find yourself among the stars, shining bright. 


Till then continue shooting.


Image courtesy: Pexels

Comments

Popular Posts